With Colorado’s restaurant industry booming and not enough qualified individuals to fill essential kitchen roles, Sage Restaurant Group and EatDenver have partnered with Emily Griffith Technical College to develop a comprehensive program to train people to become line or prep cooks. And the best part, it’s completely FREE!
- Four-week course to train people to confidently execute some culinary basics, contribute in a prep or pantry station, follow safe food handling practices and more
- Developed by local restaurants and taught by popular area chefs
- Completely FREE and open to anyone who is interested
- Class Monday through Friday from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at the Emily Griffith Campus located at 1860 Lincoln Street
- Immediate work opportunities; guaranteed connection to more than 100 restaurants which currently have job openings
There will be start dates in January and February (with more in the works). An application (available here) and a two-hour orientation are required. Orientation sessions will be held at 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, on the following dates:
- Jan. 4. from 1-3 p.m.
- Jan. 5 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- February dates TBD
Please bring Photo ID, proof of ability to work in the US (SS card or work authorization) and proof of age. Full details can be found here.
This is an excellent opportunity to start a successful career. Line and prep cooks can move on to become executive chefs, restaurant owners and more! If you’re looking for a job or a change in work, then this is a unique chance for you to move into a promising field, learn from great chefs and do so without financial burden. It’s never been done before! Be one of the first to take part.
You might also like…
For restaurant managers, who are required to work during peak hours, holidays and weekends, getting that work/life balance can be challenging. Which is why we’ve put together some tips to help you stay on track and find some ME time!read more
Do you have what it takes to reach success as a line cook? We’ve put together some important qualities and necessary characteristics to succeed… and it all starts with showing up!read more
Every kitchen job has its risks, but with a little care and by following these guidelines, you will enjoy a long, safe career in the food industry.read more
Experience Sirvo for yourself
Sign up now to find hospitality jobs and hire top industry talent.