With Colorado’s restaurant industry booming and not enough qualified individuals to fill essential kitchen roles, Sage Restaurant Group and EatDenver have partnered with Emily Griffith Technical College to develop a comprehensive program to train people to become line or prep cooks. And the best part, it’s completely FREE!
- Four-week course to train people to confidently execute some culinary basics, contribute in a prep or pantry station, follow safe food handling practices and more
- Developed by local restaurants and taught by popular area chefs
- Completely FREE and open to anyone who is interested
- Class Monday through Friday from 5:30 – 9:30 p.m. at the Emily Griffith Campus located at 1860 Lincoln Street
- Immediate work opportunities; guaranteed connection to more than 100 restaurants which currently have job openings
There will be start dates in January and February (with more in the works). An application (available here) and a two-hour orientation are required. Orientation sessions will be held at 1860 Lincoln Street, Denver, on the following dates:
- Jan. 4. from 1-3 p.m.
- Jan. 5 from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- February dates TBD
Please bring Photo ID, proof of ability to work in the US (SS card or work authorization) and proof of age. Full details can be found here.
This is an excellent opportunity to start a successful career. Line and prep cooks can move on to become executive chefs, restaurant owners and more! If you’re looking for a job or a change in work, then this is a unique chance for you to move into a promising field, learn from great chefs and do so without financial burden. It’s never been done before! Be one of the first to take part.
You might also like…
Founded in 1978, BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse is an award-winning company with an "of service" culture, anchored by solid hospitality and guided by a compass of quality. The BJ's experience offers high-quality...
A cover letter doesn’t have to be a stressful task. Just follow the standard formula for a clear and professional letter.
Knowing how to handle difficult FOH situations will help you stand out for your boss and further you in your restaurant career. Follow these tips to really impress with your people skills!
Experience Sirvo for yourself
Sign up now to find hospitality jobs and hire top industry talent.