Barista Job Description
This Barista sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
The barista is responsible for the preparation of all drinks or beverages with a focus on caffeinated beverages (Lattes, Espressos, Chai, etc.). All drinks must be served to guests in a timely fashion and each Barista should have the ability to educate all guests of the variations of drinks they are presented with.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Acknowledge and greet every guest in a timely fashion
- Call back customer orders with a friendly delivery
- Resolve customer complaints and communicate with Manager on duty throughout interaction
- Process and expedite payment in a timely fashion
- Educate guests on the variety of drinks we offer and explain the differences in preperation and presentation
- Weigh, grind and prepare orders in line with company policy and procedure
- Prepare and serve any baked items or other food products we offer
- High school diploma
- Availability to work private events
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Attention to details and the ability to multitask
- The ability to stand on your feet for 6 hours
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Careful and proper handling of food and very hot beverages
- Verbal and interpersonal skills
- Positive energy
- Carries one’s self in a professional manner
What caffeinated beverage is your favorite to drink or prepare and why?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.