Server Assistant Job Description
This Server Assistant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
Server assistants, who are also called assistant servers, are people who help hosts and servers in restaurants, and are an integral part of a restaurant’s staff.
The job of a server assistant involves removing the dirty glassware, silverware, and plates after use by guests.
Everything else left on the table by the guests must also be removed. After doing this, they will have to rearrange the table in conformity with the in-house standards of the restaurant, by setting up plates, glasses, and any new utensils that have been left there before the table was used.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets all guests immediately they come in and when going
- Thank the guests and invite them to return
- Seat guests appropriately and present them with the menu
- Arrange guest seats in rotation among servers in order to ensure that they are given equal number of tables
- Update the floor chart regularly throughout the shift
- Clean menus as required throughout the shift
- Observe tables and take note of dirty, clean, and occupied tables
- Ensure that the front door area is both maintained and cleaned, both inside and out. This also includes making sure the brass and windows are free of fingerprint and smudge
- Keep the Host Area stocked with take-away menus, toothpicks, business cards, and other necessary items
- Assist the servers by refilling beverages and water, processing payment, and running food to the tables
- Assist servers in resetting and bussing tables
- Inform management of guests who are unhappy with the service as quickly as possible
- Maintain composed, professional and calm attitude at all times
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate with individuals from different backgrounds
- Must possess organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
Tell me about your experience.
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.