Kitchen Manager Job Description
This Kitchen Manager sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
A kitchen manager is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of a restaurant. Kitchen managers hire staff, purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques.
In addition, kitchen managers ensure that the companies standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensured the quality and safety of food
- Kept the kitchen clean, organized and well stocked
- Maintained equipment and utensils
- Trained and developed crew members
- Promoted teamwork and created a great customer experience
- Accomplished station’s goals
- Monitored food waste and inventory levels
- Resolved food quality issues
- Developed a strong team dynamic between back of house Crew and front of house Crew
- Ensuring the kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Experience working as a line or prep cook
- Must comply with all sanitation procedures
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
Tell me about your previous experience.
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.