Receptionist Job Description
This Receptionist sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
Responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting guests and offering them a beverage, answering phones, handling company inquiries, and sorting and distributing mail. May also schedule meetings and travel for executives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer phones and operate a switchboard
- Route calls to specific people
- Answer inquiries about company
- Greet visitors warmly and make sure they are comfortable
- Call persons waiting for visitor and book them a room to meet in
- Schedule meetings and conference rooms
- Make coffee and set out food
- Ensure reception area is tidy
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, accounting and bookkeeping
- Two years of increasingly responsible related experience, or any equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Communication proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Time Management
If you have a lot to do during the week, how do you prioritize your duties?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.