Server Job Description
Sirvo’s Waiter/Server sample job description is available for you to use as a guide when creating your job listing and is structured in a way that will best market your open position to qualified job seekers. Please feel free to reference or copy/edit when creating your listing on Sirvo!
Introduction / Job Description
We are searching for an experienced waiter/server to join our team! Looking for someone who is energetic and loves taking care of guests. We want a detailed oriented person with ability to multitask in a calm and collected manner and who will create a memorable experience for our guests in order to ensure their return.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Preps section and readies for service
- Guides each guest through the menu, offering suggestions that cater to the guests needs or that feature what we do best
- Be mindful and ensure that each order sent to the kitchen takes into account any dietary or allergy restrictions
- Pace each course and keep lines of communication open with the kitchen chef or expediter
- Read each table and guest and anticipate their needs
- Perform table maintenance by clearing courses as necessary; replacing utensils; ensuring water glasses stay full; being present and aware in order to assist with any spills or special requests
- Deliver check and process payment in a timely manner, thank guests and ask that they return
- Participate in running sidework throughout the shift, running food or drinks, assisiting in pre-bussing tables, sweeping floors, helping teammates
- We prefer at least 1 year restaurant experience
- Working knowledge of various POS systems
- Must be able to stand on feet for at least 6 hours
- High school diploma
- Basic Math Skills
- Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Team Oriented
- High Energy Level
- Promotional Ability
Please describe what you like best about creating a good guest experience?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.