Executive Chef Job Description
Sirvo’s Executive Chef sample job description is available for you to use as a guide when creating your job listing and is structured in a way that will best market your open position to qualified job seekers. Please feel free to reference or copy/edit when creating your listing on Sirvo!
Introduction / Job Description
We are searching for an experienced, innovative and creative chef to run our kitchen. As Executive Chef you are the head person, in charge of overseeing staff and day to day operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and direct food preparation and culinary activities
- Create or adjust menus based on seasonal fluctuations
- Anticipate and balance food/labor costs
- Oversee all kitchen repairs or buying of new equipment
- Hire and manage entire BOH staff
- Ensure that all plates leaving the kitchen meet the required standard and received that final touch
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Monitor, adjust and record all payroll
- Develop a positive and professional working culture
- Lead by example
- Past experience in the role of Executive Chef
- References from former staff, peers or superiors
- Staying up to date on current food and industry trends locally, nationally and internationally
- Previous experience with a variety of computer software programs (POS, MS Office, restaurant management software)
- Identifying and solving problems
- The ability to communicate and lead effectively
- The ability to delegate tasks
- Spanish proficient
Describe your biggest strengths and weaknesses as a leader.
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.