Dishwasher Job Description
This Dishwasher sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
This job operates in a kitchen environment. This role routinely uses sinks and dishwashers and tools to clean kitchen appliances. Employees in this role are frequently exposed to hot water, potentially slippery floors, garbage disposals and cleaning chemicals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carry clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewash soiled dishes before delivering
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster
- Set up or break down dishwashing area
- Clean and roll/unroll mats
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions
- Sweep/mop floors
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster
- Conduct general restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry
- Notify manager any time dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures
- Do not touch dirty dishes before touching clean dishes without washing hands first
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Must comply with all sanitation procedures
- Other duties as directed
- Ability to read and comprehend labels on chemicals
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
Explain prior restaurant experience.
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.