Pastry Cook Job Description
This Pastry Cook sample job description can assist in creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
The Pastry Cooks responsibilities include preparing quality pastry items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely
- Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements
- Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance.
- Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies
- Check production schedule and par
- Establish priority items for the day
- Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- High School diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate
- Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship preferred.
- Demonstrates adequate pastry skills and operations
- Be able to plan and prepare for restaurant, catering and special events
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
If you were a pastry, what would you be and why?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.