Host Job Description
This Host sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
This position is responsible for greeting guests at the door. The host/hostess seats and presents clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door, and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
This is a full-time position, typically working 35-40 hours a week. Frequent evening and weekend shifts are required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of special catch and soups
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests’ expectations
- Takes names on a waiting list
- Runs the floor plan board
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience
- Fills to-go orders, if applicable
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift
- Prior restaurant experience
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Stress Management/Composure
- Multi-task oriented
Tell me about a bad situation at work and how you managed to get out of it.
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.