BOH Manager Job Description
This BOH Manager Job Description sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
The Kitchen Manager is responsible for the training of employees in connection with purchasing, receiving, preparation and maintenance of quality standards, safety, sanitation and cleanliness.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Responsible for ordering food products according to predetermined product specifications and received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures
- Control food cost and usage by following proper requisition of products from storage areas, product storage procedures, standard recipes and waste control procedures including checking and maintaining proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations
- Work with restaurant managers to plan and price menu items. Establish portion sizes and prepare standard recipe cards for all new menu items
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in varied kitchen positions including food preparation, line cook, fry cook and expediter.
- Strong leadership skills
- Possess strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Work well in a fast-paced setting
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
What is the best, and worst thing about working in a Kitchen?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.