Kitchen Assistant Job Description
This Kitchen Assistant sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
As a kitchen attendant – or kitchen assistant – you are effectively the engine room of the kitchen. Working under the guidance of a kitchen supervisor or chef de partie, your job is to ensure that the kitchen is clean and operational. In some kitchens, you may also be involved in preparing ingredients, so it’s a great stepping stone to becoming a chef.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of rubbish
- Organising linen laundry
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- A desire to learn to cook
- Understanding the importance of health and hygiene
- Plenty of stamina
- A great team player
- The ability to listen and learn – fast
What do you love about cooking?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.