Night Stocker Job Description
This Night Stocker sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
The night stocker is responsible for keeping the department store very clean and getting the place organized in line with the company’s laid down rules.
His/her job description entails keeping inventory and ensuring that all items being sold on the shelves are stocked properly and are also in the right location.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists customers
- Stocks merchandise
- Faces merchandise in the store
- Cuts open boxes with a box cutter
- Loads carts with stock for the store floor
- Unloads trucks
- Operates lifts
- Climbs ladders/stair tower to reach stock
- Check doors for security
- Builds displays
- Orders merchandise
- Proficient in English
- Standing with walking is required for entire shift (not including breaks)
- Push and pulling carts with product is required approximately 20% during the shift
- Bending is required approximately 25% of the shift to reach merchandise from carts and to stock shelves
- Crouching and kneeling is required approximately 35% of the shift to stock and face merchandise in the store
- Normal physical strength to handle up to 15-pound object, frequently. 20-30 lbs is lifted occasionally during shift — some items weighing up to 50 lbs to be handled occasionally
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Above average endurance
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Average concentration/intensity
What responsibilities did you perform at your last job?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.