Sommelier Job Description
This Sommelier sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
The Sommelier position is responsible for the development and management of the A’la Carte Wine Program including the Wine List, Wine Locker Program and Wine Society. The Sommelier must have a great personality and be able to communicate with members and guests that might share different levels of wine knowledge and must be able to promote and grow the Wine Program.
The Sommelier must have a great personality and be able to communicate with members and guests that might share different levels of wine knowledge and must be able to promote and grow the Wine Program.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, inventory, organizing and selling wine for all departments
- Oversee all wine purchases and cost management
- Oversee the Wine Committee duties (minutes, wine of the month selection, introduction of new vendors, wineries, etc.)
- Assist members and guests during the dinner service with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their dinner, decanting of the wine and wine service
- Develop a training program for all Team Members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service
- A strong knowledge of food and beverage pairings
- Solid understanding of pricing, budgets and cost controls
- Operation and programming knowledge of a point of sales system
- TABC certified
- Must be passionate about wine
- Must possess superior people skills
- The ability to determine wine faults and maintain proper temperatures in order to showcase products at their maximum potential.
If you had to pick one wine to go with fish and meat, what would it be?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.