Soup & Sauce Cook
This Saucier/Soup Cook sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
Saucier chefs are culinary professionals frequently employed by well-staffed, high-end kitchens, such as those located in hotels, resorts, and fine-dining restaurants.
The saucier chef is one part of the larger culinary staff who works explicitly to create the sauces that accompany dishes. Like other kitchen staff, saucier chefs work under the direction of head and sous chefs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with other chefs to develop flavors that compliment entrees, appetizers, and desserts
- Create a variety of sauces, soups, and stocks in both classical and contemporary culinary genres
- Apply the sauces they’ve created to dishes
- Garnish and present the meal according to specific house recipes
- Keep their work areas clean and follow strict safety and sanitation procedures
- Proficient in English or Spanish
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs
- Experience working as a line or prep cook
- Previous knowledge of various cooking methods (saute, grilling, baking, etc.)
- Must comply with all sanitation procedures
- Teamwork Oriented
- Maintains a Good Energy Level
- Thorough and Organized
What was the hardest sauce you’ve made and why?
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.