Wine Steward Job Description
This Wine Steward sample job description can assist in your creating a job application that will attract job candidates who are qualified for the job. Feel free to revise this job description to meet your specific job duties and job requirements.
Introduction / Job Description
A Wine Steward supervises the wine list, assisting in the maintenance of it for the restaurant. A Wine Steward gives suggestions about food matching so that it will be suitable to the chef’s dishes if needed.
A Wine Steward is capable of discussing, buying and serving all kinds of wine. A Wine Steward is comfortable to talk with customers and capable of giving recommendations to fit the customers’ tastes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet guests and pour wines according to established wine tasting procedures
- Describe wines, winemaking techniques and winery history
- Suggests and sells wine, wine tasting experiences, wine clubs and non-wine products
- Conduct guided tours, as needed, answer questions and provide general tourist information
- Handle routine POS transactions, including operating cash register, processing returns, discounts, employee purchases, etc.
- Stay current on winery/wine knowledge and be able to multitask
- Proficient in English
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Wine Steward or Bartender
- Supervisory knowledge in running a shift in a large restaurant and/or managing and servicing a large service bar
- Proven track record in meeting and exceeding revenue targets, service standards and guest satisfaction results
- Above industry average knowledge of beverage and wine products is required
- Thorough and Organized
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Word Perfect and Excel is preferred
- Experience with Micros point of sales equipment is preferred
Tell me about your previous experience.
Get started for free.
Easy to set up. No credit card required.